Thursday, March 22, 2012

Soft Core Mumblecore


So............I havent been cooking because I have been working late almost every day. But also, I havent been writing as I have had some great opportunities at work to explore writing. Send positive thoughts so the good fortune continues and I am able to write all. the. time!

But I did take some time to make a healthy dinner after a long day of work and boy did it taste good after a few evenings of take out and a handful of unhealthy lunches just shoving food down my throat before another meeting. Jeesh! It makes me wonder how women really can have it all and have kids and a career someday? Not for me to find out for a bit I guess!

In other news:


I saw Jeff ,Who Lives At Home. The Duplass bros at their (medium) best! Their last film Cyrus was over the top but this was sweet and touching. I dont see how this film is Mumblecore as there are no amateur actors in it. Perhaps being mislabeled doesnt hurt if you want people to think they are seeing something that will allow them to be superior to their film friends. Oh? You dont know what Mumblecore is? Apparently, no one does anymore so dont feel bad. It's sooo 2002. Also, a miscast Ed Helms co-stars haplessly.


We booked our honeymoon, finally! We'll be taking almost a whole year later but I just think its spreading out the love. 3 Days alone in Paris (should I see where Ubi was born?), 4 days in Montpelier with our good friends Michael and Natalie, 1 day in Toulouse, 1 night in Athens, 4 days in Santorini and 4 in Mykonos and 1 night in NYC. I havent been to Europe in 10 years and it's time, my friends. It's time.



I also saw 21 Jump Street and thought it was the funniest comedy since Bridesmaids. I am officially a Tatum Channing convert. His dumb-adoreable-head-is-too-big-for-body-and-eyes-are-too-close-but-damn-that's-a-smile good looks. Jonah Hill playing Jonah Hill but this time not too annoying. Run to see this! You will be happy you did.



And lastly I saw Friends With Kids. It wasnt a perfect movie but the cast was outstanding! It made me (again) scared to have kids but I know I want them and the movies are just movies! They arent really real.......right? :( eeeeek. really funny, really cute and well written movie though - go see it if you are in your 30s and all your friends have kids but you! Adam Scott for the win.


Poblano & Green Chili Sauce over Salmon with Black Beans Mix
2 Poblano Peppers
3 Green Onions (white + a little green of the stem but not the whole stem!)
1 Can of green chilies + juice (save!)
1 lemon
1/2 serrano pepper
2 oz of 2% Greek Yogurt
2 salmon fillets (with skin)
1 can of black beans
1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 diced onion
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
Salt & Pepper to Taste!

Put the oven on 400 and throw 2 poblano peppers in the oven for 35 minutes, then on a broil for a few minutes on both sides to cook the peppers up.

Cook the diced onion over medium with olive oil til soft. add in the garlic, the beans and the tomatoes and turn to lowish to keep warm without overcooking as the black beans will mush! Add in the chilies but save the juices!

Once the poblanos are roasted, slice open to heat can escape - then place in the food processor with the green onions, the reserved juice from the chilis can, a squeeze of lemon, the half of the Serrano pepper and PULSE! Once combined and cooled off a little add in the greek yogurt and combine again.

I cook salmon really simply - I salt it, heat up a pan with cooking spray, brown it face down until its crispy, flip - then from the stove top to stove I broil it with a little lemon juice for 4-5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment