Friday, April 9, 2010

Guy Fieri You Came Through



Shawn and I vehemently despise Guy Fieri. His job could be done by an ape with 90s frosted tips- he always just says everything is "oh man mmmm moist" and "man the texture". Someday you should ask Shawn to do his impression - its priceless and involves backwards sunglasses hanging out on his neck.

YET we watch Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. I cant deny the likability of that show and the lovely home spun greasy spoons they seek out across the United States. We were watching it the other night and I saw this really great recipe that just stuck in my head and I had to make my own version - it was - Pistachio Pesto Chicken Burgers! It was fairly simple if you have a food processor but note to self: Whole Foods doesnt do simple ingredients. It was pretty hard finding shelled pistachios and ground chicken. I cant stand Safeway so we skip it as often as possible and yet those items are easy to find there. Go figure.
I know Natalie will not approve - as she hates ground chicken :)


Pistachio Pesto Chicken Burgers
1 lb ground chicken
1 bunch of basil
1 cup cup shelled pistachios
1 cup parm cheese
1/2 fresh lemon, juices
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste!

Step One: Combine basil, parm, pistachios, garlic and lemon juice in the food processor. Pulse until combined.

Step Two: Take 2/3rds of the pesto mixture and work into the ground chicken. Once fully combined make into 5 patties. Cook! I suggest on the grill for the best char -

Step Three: add olive oil to the remaining pesto mixture and pulse until liquefied. Use this for post grilled topping!


2 comments:

  1. it's true. i think ground chicken is disgusting. but those do look pretty tasty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave has a huge man crush on Guy Fieri and Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. We even made a 1 hr detour on our vacation to hit up The Ever Ready Diner in Hyde Park, in order to try their DD&D suggested items. Personally, I want to destroy his Guy's Big Bite TV set with a sledge hammer, but that's just me...

    ReplyDelete