Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sally Wants A Simple Salad


Give me a big juicy salad with explosions of cold and warm, salty and sweet - I like one large confusion of taste buds going on for a salad. After trying out a new gym near my work and falling deeply in love with the personal spinning machine (complete with a tv and 40 classes!) - I decided I needed a refreshing crisp salad to make the night.


Behold:
Shrimp & Toasted Bread Salad w/ Avocado and Goat Cheese
1 Bag Of Spinach
7 Large Plump Shrimp, not cooked.
1 Small dinner roll, cubed
1 Avocado
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup goat cheese
1/2 cup tomatoes
4 cups boiling water
1 tablespoon olive oil

Step One: I peeled the shrimp while bringing the salted water to boil. Shrimp are always the best when cooked with a little salt and they get super plump and juicy. Boil for 3-5 minutes or until they start curling up and are super pink. Drain, set aside to cool. Once cooled, chop into bite sized chunks.

Step Two: Toss cubed bread with some olive oil and start grilling it in a skillet over medium heat until browning on both sides. Should be warm and toasty and like a crouton.
Step Three: Add the remaining ingredients to a bowl and toss with the shrimp and bread - serve with any dressing you like! I prefer Annie's Goddess Dressing.








No comments:

Post a Comment