Thursday, January 6, 2011

Simple Sweet & Salty Salad


The minute I made you, I knew you wouldnt be enough to satisfy. I wanted you so badly all to myself but I had to share with the likes of my Book Club! I had a toddler like wave of selfishness as soon as you came out of the oven. Please maamaaa dont make-a-me share! But instead of cancelling my plans and sitting in bed shoveling you into my mouth in blissful fatty solitude- I went to book club and politely watched people eat you up. It was hard at first, but if you love something set it free. In people's mouths.
------
I give you: Garlic Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Leeks, Chickpeas, Dates and Pecans.
Preheat your oven to 400. Toss Cauliflower, leeks, chickpeas, pecans and chopped dates with olive oil, minced garlic and salt and pepper. I sprinkled a little Parmesan on before I roasted, too. You dont have to though! Bake for 20m, then toss, bake for 15 more minutes until caramelizing starts - serve and enjoy!
Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment