Monday, July 27, 2009

All You Need Is Love

There are so many things I could write about this weekend, but this IS a food themed blog - so who am I to change the tone?

As most of you know (because you were there) - this weekend was the union of Natalie Huffman and Michael Micholic in picturesque Vintner's Inn in Santa Rosa, CA. It was definitely one of the most memorable weekends, let alone a wedding weekend I've had in a while. Hopefully, the next memorable wedding weekend will be my own! (hint hint) --- just kidding - I have many more weddings to attend before 2015. And they will all be memorable, I am sure. :)

I'll start with a TOP 5 THINGS I ATE THIS WEEKEND:

1. MEATBALLS AT THE BOWLING ALLEY (as seen on my plate). I dont know where they were from but they were huge and in charge and absolutely flavored perfectly. When you make something in mass quantities its hard to keep up quality - but they were excellent.

2. BEST. APPETIZER AT A WEDDING. EVER: Tuna Sashimi on a wonton with Avocado and Cilantro. Done. (And not just because this is my favorite small plate at tokyo a go go).



3. A STEAK I CAN GET BEHIND. I am not usually a rare steak eater but the wedding food (see very blurry photo) was outstanding. Abby and I remarked how we werent even planning on eating it at first but at first bite it was devoured in seconds!




4. VERY DELICIOUS MARTINIS. and large. and top shelf. Please see Leslie and Melina drinking them!








5. TURKEY. TURKEY. AND MORE TURKEY. the boringest white meat. We stopped on our way back from wine country at a joint Justin had seen (or professed after he HADNT seen) on Diners Drive Ins and Dives - called Willie Birds. See above for the delicious fried turkey sandwich Abby got.


Anyway, I am thankful for being invited, being consulted, and being able to attend the weekend with my closest 35 San Francisco friends. Who knew a year ago I'd be so lucky.


Oh, and I guess - Michael and Natalie are lucky, too. for you know - finding each other and all. :)





1 comment: