Monday, July 6, 2009

Nothing Says Independence Like a Luau!


Whether it was REALLY in the name of Josh's 30th birthday or we just love an old fashioned dress up party - we decided to celebrate the 4th of July with a Hawaiian themed luau! It is after all the 50th state.

Maybe next year we'll celebrate with another state - Delaware or Alaska perhaps?

Either way, I admit I slacked in the creative food category and decided to go classic and simple: Peach/Pear/Lemon Chablis Sangria & Pepperoni & Pepperoncini Pasta Salad.

ANOTHER sangria, you say!? Of course. This time a white!

Ingredients
2 Peaches
2 Lemons
1 Can of Pears, w/ Syrup
1 Carlo Rossi Chablis
(usually I would add vodka or triple sec but I vowed to pace myself and others for a long Saturday so I kept it out!)

Chop! Mix! Dice - let sit overnight, shake a few times. Voila!

Shawn also went above and beyond and made amazing Pineapple Cupcakes with Toasted Coconut frosting. They were delicious and really out did everything I came up with!



MAD PROPS to everyone who brought food! It was all amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment