Monday, September 14, 2009

Football Sunday Fare

I cant actually thank any magazine for this recipe, as my mother has been making this for YEARS before I got into Football Sundays. "Being into Football" is sort of relative - I enjoy it, I revel in everyone's enthusiasm as its something I never had growing up (we're a baseball family) - but the level of passion amongst the sconnies I know is unrivaled even among my die hard Sox friends. They truly bleed green and gold....and I find it my duty to provide sustenance in between religious & superstitious run & big moment shotguns.

This is the perfect substitute if you dont want to go down to your local Big Wangs (los angeles reference, Quigleys for you bushers and Kezars for you SFers) for some wings and you just enjoy a dip! I dont know if I have ever met a dip I didnt like.



Shredded Buffalo Chicken Dip
Ingredients
1 Package of 6 Chicken Breasts
3 Cubes of Chicken Bouillon
1 Bottle Wing Sauce
1 Bottle Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
1 Bag Shredded Mozzarella
*This picture does NOT do it justice!

Step One: Bring a 6 Quart of water to a Boil, salt to taste. Add 3 Chicken Bouillon cubes. Add chicken and boil for 20 minutes, or until done.

Step Two: Cool chicken and shred by hand (or with a fork). Take shredded chicken and saute in pan with the entire bottle of wing sauce. Simmer for 3 minutes, refrigerate for up to an hour.

Step Three: Assemble. Lay the shredded chicken in a 13x9 glass baking dish. Spoon over a layer of the chunky blue cheese dressing until covered, dont use the entire thing or it will become too soupy! Cover with a later of mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and browning!

Serve with Fritos. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment