Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Big Fat Greek (slim) Dinner.

Um. My shadow looks hella creepy in that phone pic. :) I vant to suck your cucumber blood!

jk.


Anywhow, there were many inspirations that went into this simple and humble creation:

1. My coworker brought in some yummy looking cucumber salad last week.

2. My favorite blog recently featured tzatziki this week (smittenkitchen.com). I am a copier.

3. Last Wednesday after happy hour Shawn and I drunkenly snatched up some schwarma in the Haight at Ali Babbas before returning home to Top Chef.

4. Shawn has A LOT of dill going to waste in his window garden. What is a better use of Dill?

5. I break for dairy.

6. I was craving that dichotomy of something super spicy being cooled with something super...well...cool.

So without further ado:
Chili Pepper & Parsley Chicken Kabobs with Homemade Tzatziki
Ingredients
2 Chicken Breasts
Chili Pepper Flakes
Chili Powder
Italian parsley
4 teaspoons minced garlic.
2 Lemons
14 oz of Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Sour Cream
2 big cucumbers
Dill (to taste)
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Step One: Cube chicken - add salt and pepper, 2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, 2 teaspoons of chili pepper flakes, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic and chopped parsley. Then add the olive oil, toss and set aside. Preheat broiler.

Step Two: Combine yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice from 2 lemons, remaining 2 teaspoons of garlic, dill and salt & pepper in a separate bowl. Peel and dice cucumbers. Put 1 in food processor and pulse 6 times until slightly pureed. Add pureed cucumber to yogurt mix as well as the diced cucumbers. Refrigerate.

Step Three: Skewer the chicken, broil until brown, turning when necessary to not burn chicken. about 15 minutes.











No comments:

Post a Comment