Monday, September 14, 2009

Peppered Bacon, Brie & Caramelized Mushroom Puffs

My usual go-to quick appetizer as of late has been Caramelized Onion, Goat Cheese & Chive Puffs. They are quick and simple and my favorite smell in the world is onions simmering in butter. Two birds with 1 stone!

It occurred to me that you could essentially stick anything in a pastry puff and be praised as though this were fine dining....so I kept brainstorming combinations: pear honey goat cheese? too desserty. chicken onion apricot? I kind of hate chicken. I came up with Peppered Bacon, Brie & Caramelized Mushroom Puffs and I had JUST the occasion: Alex's Surprise Birthday Black & Tan Bash!

Ingredients
5 Strips of Peppered Bacon
5 Mushrooms, chopped
1 block of brie, no rind.
2 sheets (1 package) premade puff pastry

Step One: Preheat Oven to 425. Grease muffin pans. Prepare bacon. Yes, I am WT and I make it in the microwave - 1 minute per strip with paper towels on a plate. Til crispy! Chop like bacon resembling thick bits.

Step Two: Turn a pan on medium heat with a little butter - add chopped mushrooms, saute for 8 minutes, until soft. Set aside.

Step Three: Cut pastry puff sheets (once thawed) into 12 squares per sheet -assemble into the greased muffin pans. spoon 1 teaspoon of brie into center, add mushrooms, top with crispy bacon.

Step Four: Bake @ 424 for 30 minutes or until browned. :)

YES. I am wearing a headband and I personally LIKED this look but I recieved the following comments on this look from 9am-midnight:

*Hello, Kugler Baggins - How can I help thee?
*Are you Rambo?
*Are you filming Pirates of The Carribean 5?
*Welcome to the Haight.


No comments:

Post a Comment