Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm A Copier.

I actually debated posting this dinner because while it was tasty as fuck and recommended by a friend who once served me this in college - it was nowhere NEAR as good as when she made it. :) Or maybe my memory concerning foods is somewhat romanticized concerning the period of time it was consumed: college, when meals were either dining hall or Wendys kids menu. You can see how this would qualify as amazing.

Also, I have a feeling this recipe could be elevated somehow. It has the most basic ingredients but I am a huge fan of things that take 3 ingredients, like women with hyphenated names - they aren't complete til the third component. Next time I am thinking I should add almonds? chili peppers? Garlic? Lentils? Another reason could be I used low sugar apricot preserves, perhaps this calls for ALL sugar.

Either way its a delicious way to spice up your chicken night at home and a simple recipe to boot: just mix and cook!

Apricot Dijon Chicken
Ingredients
1 Jar of Apricot Preserves (I used low sugar).
1/2 a jar of Dijon Mustard
4 Chicken breasts, pounded thin
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Step One: In a separate bowl whisk together preserves and mustard.

Step Two: Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Put a saute pan over medium with olive oil. Add Chicken - when the chicken is looking whitish on both sides, add the mustard/apricot mixture. Cover and simmer over medium for 10 minutes, flipping once or twice to ensure both sides brown.

Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment