Friday, October 2, 2009

Fried Fava Goodness.

I had this amazing idea that when we had our friends Kris and Darcy over to our house on Wednesday that I was going to make fava bean polenta cakes. It would have been a great idea if I didnt buy these beans at 1pm and learned there after they needed to soak overnight or up to 8 hours. Needless to say in a cry-ey whiny moment I decided to scratch them and determine their worth the next day.

To my brains surprise I realized exactly what I should do with them: Corn Nuts! The other day our friend Jillian said she wanted to make corn nuts so I thought hell! lets turn these favas into white trash nosh nation. (Side note: they were more crunch, hippie fest in the end.).

Ingredients
2 cups dried fava beans.
Vegetable Oil
Salt & Pepper
Water

Step One: Soak beans overnight in water, allowing to cover.
Step Two: Shell.
Step Three: Fry in hot oil for 20 minutes.
Step Four: Soak in paper towels and allow to cool for an hour. Salt and Pepper.
Step Five: Salt & Pepper again.

No comments:

Post a Comment