Thursday, October 22, 2009

Heeerreeee FISHY fishy!

Forgive me once again for the blurriest photo possible. Most of you know I am a bad girlfriend and let a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup melt on the focus feature of Shawn's Cannon. (He dropped my phone in the toilet, so we're even) - so that accounts for the terrible pictures as of late.

Let me also put on record: I hate deboning fish and Whole Foods sells fish with bones it in. Boner.

The end.

As Usher would say "these are my confessions": First, I didnt cook my own brown rice, I took it already cooked for $1.50 from the whole foods hot bar. Secondly, my only regret was not cracking an egg on the rice while cooking it....I fucking LOVE eggs in fried rice.

Roasted Lemon, Sriracha & Garlic Salmon over Miso Cashew Fried Brown Rice
Ingredients
2 Salmon fillets
1 Onion, chopped
1 Lemon, quartered
Sriracha
Minced Garlic
1/2 cup cashews
Pre cooked Brown Rice
1 packet of red miso soup
4 teaspoons of Soy Sauce
Sesame Oil

Step One: Season the fillets with salt & pepper, then rub the minced garlic and sriracha over each side of the fillets and set aside. Squeeze some lemon juice onto them as well! About 8 minutes.

Step Two: Preheat the broiler on high. Heat a stainless steel pan over medium with olive oil and lemons then cook the fillets, without turning, but spoon juices over the fillet to keep moist.

Step Three: Turn a second pan on medium with olive oil and sesame oil - add onions and cook til softened. After, add already cooked brown rice, soy sauce, toss in cashews and miso soup packet. Fold in until combined.

Step Four: Transfer stainless steel pan to broiler to crisp fish - about 6 minutes.

Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment