Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Best BBQ Eva!




What's a Memorial Day without a BBQ? Sure, I wasnt invited to any parties and I didnt throw a bash but it is NO excuse to miss out on the kick off to the smokey and smooth summer meat season. Not eating BBQ on Memorial Day weekend is like being celebate at an orgy or sober on your 21st birthday.I mean people do it, just not people I know. Or like. Except Vegans, I guess. You get a free pass from my judgement.


It was a really great weekend! Not working 1 extra day was as freeing as you would think. My"Crafter-In-Crime" Jenny came up from Los Angeles to help me create the centerpieces and watch me waffle back and forth in Michaels/Daiso/Beverlys....we also played a ton of games, went to the German Tourist Club and cheated on our diets........alot. Oh well! Its Tuesday and I need to motivate back to OPERATION SKINNY BRIDE and workout 6 days a week. Wa. 3 months away now and I cant wait to get married folks.


Hella Easy Oven Roasted BBQ Brisket w/ Basil Buttered Corn

Ingredients
Beef Brisket. 2 pounds was okay for 2 people but there were no leftovers! Go for 4 next time.

1 onion chopped, diced.
1 jalapeno, sliced
5 cloves crushed garlic.
2 cup veggie stock (you can use beef, I just bought the wrong stuff).
2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup worchestire sauce
Lots of BBQ rub ( I used "BBQ 3000")
Garlic Salt

1/4 cup generic BBQ sauce (I couldnt find liquid smoke so I went with that).
Corn
Butter
Chopped Basil

Step One: Preheat oven to 250. Combine all wet ingredients in a roasting pan + jalapenos and onions. Rub the roast generously with the rub, garlic salt and crushed garlic.

Step Two: Place the roast in the pan, fat side up and make sure the water is at least half way up the side. Roast for 4 hours, more if the roast is bigger.

Step Three: Boil the corn, melt the butter and stir in the basil then toss the cooked corn and serve!




















1 comment: