Thursday, May 26, 2011

Eat Up Son!

Things:

1. I read Bossypants by Tina Fey. It was pretty sweet. I wouldnt say it was epic or life changing or even memorable, but it was sweet. There were no surprises, only funny witty one liners that made you smile to yourself. I would still recommend it as a good read, though. Light and fun. I like reading about women being in charge, even though I just wanted more.

2. I would rather watch Game Of Thrones than do anything else (except eat an entire red velvet cake all by myself. I'd choose that every day if it was responsible or it would save the world). We held off on this show while it was airing because it was just too much TV to be taking in at once and last Sunday we were ready to consume new television now that the finales of all our regulars have been aired...........and we're hooked! Without spoiling anything this is the general formula: 1/2 of all the sexy parts of True Blood + first season mysticism of LOST (before we cared) + fantasy and whimsy of LORT and then throw in a dash of political drams of West Wing (which I didnt wach but what the heck else would I reference?).

3. I cant wait a single minute more to go to my bachelorette party in Palm Springs in 2 weeks! At first I questioned everything about the "getting married" traditions and why a bachelor or bachelorette party is even still relevant. After some soul searching I came to the conclusion that in all seriousness: its not! And that's fine. The reality is - why wouldnt I want all my closest girlfriends (+Brett) to come together for one weekend to hang out and talk about all the times I cried that I got dumped? Or remind me that I once had a crush on a guy who had leg braces? And maybe that time I showed Orlando Bloom my undies. Its important to take some time and reflect on the journey that got you there and the people who have been there for it all..........just not with Shawn. :)

4. East Coast Itch. I have it! Can I haz? I think its probably because summer should be approaching San Fran and its decidedly not....Memorial Day weekend I always go to NY and this is the 2nd year not doing that.....you can take the girl out of Schodack NY but you cant take the Schodack out of the girl.

5...............and can I get a what! what! for..............

Lime Paneer, Chickpea & Chicken Tikka Salad!

This dish could be entered in a winner winner chicken dinner category if you ask me. It was super simple and right up Shawn's alley. I used almonds in the salad but Shawn pointed out after (in a true Micholic Maximizer way) that cashews or peanuts would have been better. Its really up to you though.
Ingredients
2 Chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 block of paneer, cubed
1 cup chickpeas
1/4 cup almonds
1 avocado, sliced
3 limes
2/3 cup raw red onion
1 tablespoon mashed garlic
1 tablespoon shredded ginger
1 cup tikka masala canned sauce
Tablespoon of Olive Oil
Dash of coriander
Dash of curry powder

Step One: Marinate the chicken in the tikka masala sauce and over medium heat cook and simmer 10-12 minutes. Salt & Pepper to taste. Once cooked through, remove from heat and let cool completely.

Step Two: Squeeze 1 lime=over cubed paneer and toss. Over high heat cook the paneer til browned and crispy. You can turn down to medium heat to finish but turn frequently. I squeezed a second lime over the paneer while it was in the pan, too! This should only take 10m tops. Set aside and let cool.

Step Three: In a salad bowl combine the raw onions, garlic, chickpeas, ginger, avocado and almonds. Once cool add in the paneer and the chicken, coriander and curry powder and squeeze the last lime over the salad. Toss and serve!

1 comment:

  1. things i love about this post:
    1. the MM reference
    2. that your b-party is so close! which means that the main event is even closer.
    3. that i can make this dish without an oven. cause i don't have one!

    xo

    ReplyDelete