Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Turning Over A New Leaf....

So today I ate leftovers.

*gasp*

I know, I know. You're thinking what the hell, Kate? Everyone eats leftovers! On the contrary, because - I dont. If you've ever: lived with me, were my mother, my boyfriend, my grandma or someone trying to send me home with a plate -you know this is sort of unprecedented.

Why do I not eat leftovers? Eh. Just never liked eating the same thing twice (except pizza). What made me do it, you ask? The economy? Afraid Shawn would eat the rest of something before I did? Nope. I just....felt like it.


Simple Beef Chili
Ingredients
1 package ground beef
1 Onion (3/4s for cooking, 1/4 for chopping).
4 Garlic Cloves, chopped.
1 Can chopped tomatoes in juice.
1 Can Corn.
1 Can Kidney Beans
2 8oz tomato juice cans
2 chopped Serrano peppers
Fresh Basil
Olive Oil
Red Pepper Flakes
(secret: half a sloppy joe seasoning packet!)
Step One: Heat a heavy pot (I used my dutch oven!) on medium. Saute chopped onions and garlic with olive oil until turning yellow. Add ground beef until starting to brown, 6 minutes.

Step Two: Once browning, add two cans of tomato juice - and chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Step Three: Add corn, kidney beans, basil, red pepper flakes, peppers and sloppy Joe seasoning. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.

Serve hot and with chopped onions and cheese! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment