Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bring Me All Your Bacon

When you're under 3 feet tall you dont understand why traditions are traditions. You assume its just the ways its always been and King Triton three thousand years ago waved his staff and decreed "You WILL eat shrimp cocktail on New Years Eve" and "You WILL dip apples in honey for Passover" - or in my family's case "You WILL eat breakfast for dinner once a week". My mother would often make oatmeal pancakes and sausage about once a week and I thought it was just the best treat there ever was!

Now, in my late twenties, I realize this tradition of breakfast for dinner wasnt decreed by a higher omniscient power - its just fucking cheap and simple :) And I love it! Shawn and I have a hard on for breakfast and we have it more than once a week for dinner!

I made Orange Lemon French Toast with Caramelized Banana and Blueberries last night and I give it an A! (minus the part where I snapped at shawn and he dropped bacon grease on my foot).

Orange Lemon Brioche French Toast w/ Caramelized Bananas and Blueberries

3 tablespoons of OJ
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
Lemon Zest
5 eggs
1/4 cup of Milk
Loaf of Brioche Bread

Whisk together Eggs/OJ/Vanilla/Lemon Zest/Milk. Soak the bread for 30 seconds on each side. Sautee in a pan with butter until browned on each side (10m?).

Meanwhile, slice a banana- put it in another pan with butter -

Serve with bacon and bananas and blueberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment