Monday, February 8, 2010

EPIC WEEKEND








Oh me oh my what a weekend. It started very awesomely on Friday night when out a very innocent dinner at Morac on 16th our dear friends Paul and Tisha surprised us with their presence for the bus party! I couldnt have been more stoked. Then Saturday was the infamous bus party where this year's theme was Bad In Plaid. Here's the whole crew! Yes, I may have paced myself for the first 5 hours of the bus but I definitely peaked a little early considering I went home at 2am and most people went home at 4am! I went as a Mad Men 60s girl and Shawn went as a lumberjack wi th a wedgie.

Our friends Josh and Erin are leaving the Bay Area so it was QUITE the send off. It will not be the same without them, unfortunately.


Anyway - to get down to business - we attended a Gourmet Mom's sauce party for the Super Bowl and entered ourselves into a nice little Chili contest. Shawn made a Mole chili that was to do for with a slow roasted beef rump and he even dried his own chili. I decided to make a pairing for it with Pumpkin Jalapeno Corn Muffins. Originally, I took this recipe from one of my favorite blogs - The Brokeass Gourmet where she was making Pumpkin Poblano corn muffins but I made a batch on Saturday and they were bland and tasteless (even though I followed the recipe) - so I decided to go Semi Homemade on their ass and whip up something absolutely DIVINE the second time around....




Jalapeno Pumpkin Corn Muffins
2 Jiffy Corn Muffin Mixes
1/2 Can Of Pumpkin Pie Mix
1/2 can of Canned Corn
1 Jalapeno Pepper - seeded and diced.
2 eggs. as directed by Jiffy Mix.
Milk, as directed by Jiffy Mix.
Pepper to taste.

Step One: Preheat Oven to 350. Grease 2 12 cup muffin pans. Mix Jiffy corn muffin packets as directed. Mix in 1/2 the can of pumpkin pie mix and 1/2 the can of canned corn. Swirl in the jalapeno peppers and ground pepper.

Step Two: Bake for 45 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean. It may take longer due to the pumpkin pie mix but you WONT be disappointed!







No comments:

Post a Comment