Monday, February 8, 2010

Its So Nice To Have You Back Where You Belong



Oh my friends, its been a while since I had the chance to update you on my culinary adventures. Last week was a haze of birthday, lost and work work work. I barely had time to even enjoy my date of birth but luckily today seems to be slowing down. I have some amazing friends in San Francisco (and LA! and NY! and all over) and have been blessed all around.

Oddly enough the bake sale concept has been all the rage in San Francisco to benefit Haiti. There's even a link to let you know where you can buy tasty treats in the bay area to benefit the cause. Ubisoft had a bake sale all week and there were many treats to be had! We raised over 2k. I personally made a favorite of mine that originates back to my NYSTI days. Because I rarely had homework during that year I made an aptly named sweet bar for the occasions: HELLO DOLLY BARS! so I thought it would be fun to make these from memory and I forgot how absolutely simple they are.

Fuck all the coconut haters.

Hello Dolly Bars (also known as Magic Bars)
2 cups crushed graham cracker
3 teaspoons of melted butter
1 cup choco chips
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 15 oz condensed milk

Step One: Lay down parchment paper in a 13x9 pan, preheat oven to 350.

Step Two: mix butter and graham cracker crumbs until moist, if it isnt getting moist add a teaspoon of water. Press mixture to the bottom of the pan to create the crust. Add chips (both kinds) and then sprinkle coconut over.

Step Three: Spread the milk over the entire creation covering everything. pop in the oven for 30 minutes or until coconut is toasty and browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment