Wednesday, May 19, 2010

HASH HOG


Everyone who is close to me knows my favorite food is hash. If I could eat corned beef hash every morning for breakfast I would. (Once every two months is the *sad* reality). I love everything about it! I am not even positive what constitutes a "hash", per say. If I was motivated I would look up the definition on wiki but for now Id rather just believe in my heart of hearts it doesnt have to include a potato and it just implies an amalgamation of tasty cubed foods of love. Ignorance is culinary bliss.

Im still in my Queso Fresco and Corn obsessed haze so I decided to make a Mexican Hash. Its like a drug. Im an addict who needs any vehicle or excuse to utilize something I never knew could provide such happiness. (Queso Fresco is like all the beautiful parts of paneer with a little hint of feta). I topped it with some papaya chipotle marinated chicken for some protein.


Mexican Hash
Ingredients
2 Corn Cobbs
1 Can of Black Beans
1 Avocado, chopped small
1 bunch of cilantro
1/2 an onion, chopped small
1/2 an Anaheim Pepper, chopped small
1 block of queso fresco, cubed
Juice of 1 Lemon


Step One: Preheat your oven to 350. Dehusk the corn and wrap in foil (salt pepper or butter if it you like!) and roast for 35 minutes.

Step Two: Meanwhile, combine the cilantro and the beans in a skillet over low, stirring occasionally. Once heated thoroughly add the onion and the pepper. Dont turn on too high as you dont want the onion to soften, just release its juices. Squeeze the lemon over the mixture and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer.



Step Three: Once the corn is cooked, shave it off and add to the stovetop hash and mix it together. Remove from heat and add the avocado and the cheese. You dont want to add the cheese until youre ready to eat so it wont melt.

Step Three: Add chicken if thats how you roll! and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment