Monday, May 17, 2010

Operation: Evie And Meag Should Move To SF!


Oh my. What a weeeeeeekend! Epic, for sure.


I had the lovely pleasure of hosting my two besties from Los Angeles - Meag and Evie for some good SF eats and my favorite day of the year Bay To Breakers! On Friday night we dined at DOSA (which I try and take everyone to seeing as though I just want any excuse to eat there!) - and then made a yummy breakfast on Saturday morning.

I am always looking for any occasion to use my ramekins so I thought Id take a page from Ktchn blog and finally try the recipe for baked eggs out. Also, using them for breakfast makes the most sense because there are always so many variations and its easy, you just throw the ingredients in sep and bake! For instance - Shawn doesnt eat spinach, evie doesnt eat cheese and Meag and I eat it all.

I over did these eggs and the yolk hardened. :( but all in all it was super yummy anyhow.

Also, TURKEY BACON is really HEALTHY HAM. and nothing like bacon. but still yummo.

Spinach & Queso Baked Eggs
Ingredients
1 Bag of Baby Spinach
1 tablespoon garlic and olive oil.
1 Egg
Queso Fresco, cubed.
tiny pat of butter!




Step One: Preheat oven to 350. Saute the spinach down over medium heat with garlic and olive oil until some is wilted and some is not. Set Aside.

Step Two: Spray ramekin with nonstick cooking spray. Put the spinach on the bottom, drop in a few cubes of queso fresco then crack an egg over it! pepper and salt to taste. add a tiny pat of butter to add some moisture and cook for 10-15m. So freaking easy.

The rest of the weekend, like I said was amazingly awesome. We went to Zeitgeist for TamJams birthday where Evie tried her first bloody mary then drove around trying to get sushi but ending up just getting delivery Great India.

We also attended Bay 2 Breakers on Sunday and had the time of our lives! I'm young, I promise! We did not dress up but regretted it tremendously when we showed up. The costumes we saw the most of were: unicorns, jersey shore and I loved the Fun Police!



No comments:

Post a Comment