Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Earning My Chicken Respect.



I have been on the same quest for years: to like chicken. There's just something about the popular poultry I just dont like. I like it hot and fried, yes - but grilled chicken just makes me yawn and stuffed chicken makes me yell BORING. I feel chicken is just a lame excuse for something else. That being said, I still like to create with it just to see if there's a form where I can like it! This was a 100% Kate creation and I think I nailed it on the head. Super simple recipe too, although - next time I would leave out the egg. I'll keep it in the recipe as I did use one.



Chicken Bacon Sliders with Pecan Apple Compote

Ingredients
1 Package Ground Chicken
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
2 strips of bacon, crispy & chopped up
1 egg
1 apple
1/2 cup pecans, crushed
pat of butter
1 tablespoon of dried herbs
Salt and Pepper
olive oil


Step One: Chop onion and garlic and saute in pan until soft. Remove from stove & cool. Chop Apples and crush the pecans.

Step Two: In a bowl combine onion mixture with ground chicken (and egg?) mixing evenly. Add herbs, chopped bacon, salt and pepper and form into small patties - grill on the stove turning once until browned. 12 minutes. 6 on each side.If you're unsure you can cut into the middle of one to make sure.

Step Three: In a medium saucepan add pecans and apples and butter and let simmer for 5 minutes, longer depending on how soft you like your apples. If you're feeling saucy - add brown sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment