Thursday, January 7, 2010

I know! I said 2010 would hold no cell phone pictures but alas even though I own a brand new (used) camera - I cant fix my forgetful brain! Sigh. Last night was book club again and we read Push by Sapphire, which is now the major motion picture Precious. The food theme was soul food - and for a bunch of whiteys I think we did pretty good! I made fried pickles and because I am trying to eat healthy I only had 2! oh man oh man they were absolutely divine. Pure and utter awesomeness!


Granted, these are more Hooters than Southern, but I love em just the same.

A MUST MENTION from last night was Abby's Meatloaf (Paula Deens recipe!) - it was out of this world.



Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
dash of sriracha
pickles!
canola oil.


Step One: Combine dry ingredients for the coating and whisk together wet ingredients for dip. Meanwhile, put pickles (I used dill) between paper towels to dry them out for 5 minutes.


Step Two: Dip pickle in the dry ingredients, then wet, then dry. Repeat until you get however many pickles you want! Put oil on stove and heat until 350. (I just eyeball it)

Step Three: Fry for 2 minutes, per side, per pickle until golden brown. Transfer to dry paper towels to dry up the oil.

Serve with Ranch!

No comments:

Post a Comment