Monday, January 11, 2010

Going Greek!


Hello RAW MEAT. Hhahaha. I had a whole master plan for blogging about having our friends Alex & Mo and Natalie & Michael over for dinner friday - but alas! It went so quickly I never had time to photograph the final product. Suffice it to say dinner came out fantastic and the night was a blast. The best part of the night was the heated debate over what movies were better - and oh my were we wrong.

ALSO: Cranium is extremely easy. We played and lost (boys won) in under 15 minutes. :) maybe we needed to be drunker!
We made:

1.Lamb Stuffed Eggplant (from the Smittenkitchen.com Lebanese Eggplant recipe) except instead of using strictly med flavors I used rosemary and oregano because how can you have lamb without them! It seemed like a travesty.

2. Homemade Sun dried Tomato Hummus
1 Can Chickpeas, drained.
4 sundried tomatoes
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
salt & pepper
Mix it all in a food processor. Delish!

(for me though, I think I decided if I ever did this again, it was a little sweet for me, I'd rather have garlic!)


3. Homemade Falafel & Tzatizki


I am not positive his recipe for these but they were absolutely delicious and were baked instead of fried just to pretend a little we are healthy!








4. Warm Pear and Feta & Shallot Salad

1 bag of spinach
2 pears
1/4 cup crumbled feta
1 shallot
Lemon Juice
1 tablspoon butter
salt and pepper to taste

Just heat the chopped pear and slivered shallots in a medium sauce pan with the butter - and feat. Heat until juicy!

Squeeze lemon over spinach and toss with warm pear sauce!




No comments:

Post a Comment