Thursday, November 19, 2009

Food For Ya Brain.

Last night was the 2nd meeting of Paperbacks & Pinot (although, ironic this book did not come in paperback, it was hardcore hardcover). It was hosted at my apartment - and we read Baking Cakes In Kigali. Although, the general consensus of whether the book was good or not was split down the middle - one thing is for sure - this book club knows how to bake.

I mean dont even try! These ladies (+Stephen) are ferocious!

Dont. EVEN. Get. Me. Started.

I believe the spread (not pictured) included:
-Vegan Ginger Cupcakes.
-Choco Chip Pumpkin Bread.
-Choco Strawberry 2 Layer Cake.
-Banana Cake.
-Baked Brie w/walnuts.


It was certainly a belly full of sugar by the end of the night! I made an attempt to make a recipe I saw on Smittenkitchen.com for a Sweet Potato Swiss Chard Gratin but substituted the chard for spinach. It was altogether uninspiring as I forgot to add nutmeg to the bechamel sauce and I didnt dry out the spinach as well as I thought, so it was watery. I wouldnt make it again, but I every once in a while I like to pull up the pretty picture online and look wistfully at what could have been.

For your reference:






No comments:

Post a Comment