Monday, November 2, 2009

A Fisherman's Dream!

Confession: I used a recipe.

As most people who know me, know my approach to most things in life are sloppy. This blog is sloppy, my makeup is always just slightly off and I am sure people on the street wonder if I even brush my hair...but when I want to buckle down - I can follow directions. Otherwise, I enjoy playing fast and loose.

On Friday, we had the pleasure (after many reschedules) of having Abby & Jim over for dinner. I saw this recipe in Bon Appetit that has absolutely possessed me since I saw it. I knew I HAD to make this or I may not survive the fall.

Behold: Cod, Chorizo, Mussels & Fried Crutons w/ Saffron Mayonnaise.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Cod-with-Mussels-Chorizo-Fried-Croutons-and-Saffron-Mayonnaise-355204

(This had a lot of complex flavors and we delicious, but I was disappointed that I served some of it cold...sigh...you cant be perfect!).

It was a fun night filled with Shell Silverstein readings, Jim's MateVeza beer....and Abby's delicious Apple Crumble - perfection in the fall! (pic below). Nothing soothes the soul like a night with new and old friends, sitting around the table - full and smiling...woozy from boozy.



I also made a really nice Fall Sangria -
2 Bottles of Rioja
1 Apple
1 Lemon
4 shots of vodka
1 cup cranberry juice
2 teaspoons agave nectar
1/2 bottle of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider
Mix & Refridgerate for 1 Hour
Serve!





No comments:

Post a Comment