Monday, November 30, 2009

Nothing Says Thanksgiving Like A Diorama!

I did something kind of out of character for me this Thanksgiving - I didnt really cook. I didnt slack and offer no help whatsoever, but I took a break from concoctions and experiments and made something very simple: Apricot Cranberry Sauce. We attended a 30 person meal so there was no lack of food around the table that day, luckily!

Apricot Cranberry Sauce
Ingredients
4 Cups of cranberries. (frozen ok, but thaw).
2 cups of water.
1/2 jar of Apricot Preserves
1 Cup of Sugar

Bring cranberries, water and sugar to boil. Stir in apricot preserves, let boil for 10 minutes until cranberry skins pop. Will thicken once removed from burner. Serve hot or cold.

Delish!





Other amazingly notable things from the weekend were:

1. The "Pilgims and Indians" Thanksgiving Diorama Shawn and I made for the party! It took 3 hours and tested our personalities. Yeah for crafting! Boo for crafting with your partner. Man, if you can get through hot glue guns and exacto knives - you're set for life!













2. The Bloody Mary Bar at Thanksgiving was a hit! Bloody Marys are the only reason getting up for 10am football was acceptable for me. Favorite new combination: pickle juice & chipotle sauce!












3. Crab Legs & Rack Of Lamb. All originally meant for Thanksgiving day, these treasures were cooked up Saturday night and enjoyed with 10 bottles of wine and a rousing game of celebrity and drinking jenga. Sexy legs there, Josh! I mean sexy CRAB legs. :)














4. Our own Thanksgiving! As if we didnt eat enough on Thursday, we decided to make the most of our roaster and make our own mini Thanksgiving Sunday night while watching Freaks & Geeks and setting up the Christmas tree. I have to say, I made killer stuffing! Although, really it was just onions, bread and turkey stock (thanks, nat!)

5. Josh's homemade bread and Leslie's Sausage & Biscuits! Shawn's Turducken.


6. David bringing VooDoo Donuts from Portland!



There are so many things to be thankful for this year, I cant wait to make another year of things to thank you for!

No comments:

Post a Comment