Monday, November 30, 2009

An Ode To Salty Crunchy Things.

If ever given the choice between salty and sweet - salty would win ten times over! Beside chips, popcorn and the usual salty alternatives to a crispy corn chip I find it hard to keep my cravings in tact for long.

My newest obsession comes to us from Natalie who has been roasting chickpeas since she was born (or at least for the last month). Her recipe is of the spiced variety (marjoram, all spice, etc) - so I saw this as an opportunity to rip from her the basics and play a little ditty closer to my own taste buds symphony....and let me tell you it hit all the right notes! A+

Roasted Smoked Paprika Chickpeas
2 Cans of Chickpeas, Drained.
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Curry Powder
3 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, roast (tossing once) on a foil lined baking sheet for 45 minutes at 350.

................that's all she wrote, folks. Simple. Succulent. Stupendous.

No comments:

Post a Comment