Monday, June 15, 2009

Actual Guacamole Not Pictured.

In honor of my dear friend Abbys 26th birthday we all got together for a beach bonfire at Ocean Beach saturday night. It was promptly shut down by the cops @ 9pm but fun was had by all until sundown.

Everyone was making sweet treats so I took it upon myself to make a savory treat I just read about in the Sunset Magazine Grill Edition: Roasted Tomatillo & Garlic Guacamole. I give it an A because Adam A. said it tasted like it was store bought. :)

I included the broiler shot just to prove I made this.

To make this and wow your friends with an easy recipe - take 5 tomatillos, 1 jalapeno, 3 cloves of garlic and drizzle olive oil and salt to taste. Broil for 8 minutes, or until charring and you can stick a fork through them. After --- put them all in a food processor til blended to puree. THEN mash 3 avocados and cilantro - and the juice of 2 limes....and tada! You're sailing.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment