Monday, June 22, 2009

Something Of Note

On Sunday morning I had the pleasure of meeting my East Bay friend Jackie for brunch in Berkley at La Note on Shattuck. It was Father's Day so there was already a line when I got there at 10:30am!

Jackie is leaving for a month to study in Ecuador, so a last minute kvetching session was absolutely necessary. :)





I give this place an A+! I had a beautiful non-fat latte served in a charming Parisian mug, frothy and light and cozy - along with Oatmeal Raspberry Pancakes. The thing I regret not getting was something I saw across the way: a baguette slathered in goat cheese topped with roasted red peppers and a soft boiled egg on those lovely little egg holders!








The "something of note" was - I got Jackie ( a strict pescaterian) to try bacon! She's been thinking of re-introducing protein to her diet per her dietitian and what better way to start than something NOT healthy! Her reaction was: it was greasy. but yummy.
Cést La Vie!


No comments:

Post a Comment